INTEGRATED OCEAN OBSERVING FOR A CHANGING CALIFORNIA COASTLINE
[wpforms id="6675" title="false" description="false"]
SCCOOS and CeNCOOS would like to invite you to attend the “Integrated Ocean Observing for a Changing California Coastline” meeting in Sacramento, CA on Tuesday, November 19, 2019. This one-day, public event will showcase California’s Ocean Observing System capabilities, communicate the value of our products and tools to the state, and guide the development of a vision for future collaboration between the State of California and the California Ocean Observing Systems.
- Improve awareness of California's Ocean Observing System science accomplishments, capabilities, and end-user applications.
- Align California's Ocean Observing System with state-level priorities and increase coordination with state efforts to better meet the State of California’s requirements for ocean information.
- Provide strategic guidance for Ocean Observing 2020-2025.
The meeting will conclude with a beer and wine reception from 4 pm - 6 pm.
To plan for catering please RSVP with your intent to attend the meeting by October 11th above. Additional information and a detailed agenda will be posted in September. Please email any questions to Megan Hepner at email@example.com.
We hope you can attend the meeting on November 19th in Sacramento and we look forward to an engaging exchange.
Clarissa Anderson and Henry Ruhl
SCCOOS and CeNCOOS
We have set up a room block at the Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel on November 18th and 19th for $179/night. Please call Marriott Reservations at 1(888) 236-2427 or (916) 447-1700 or make your reservation online here before Wednesday, October 23rd, 2019, (the “Cutoff Date”) to make your room reservations. Please identify yourself as part of the UCSD group staying at the Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, located at 13th and J Street, Sacramento, CA 95814. The Sheraton is a short 7 minute (0.3 mile) walk to the Tsakopoulos Library Galleria. Parking is $25/night and wifi is free for reward members.
There are several public parking garages within a short walking distance of the Tsakopoulos Library Galleria which include:
- Sacramento Public Parking Lot: 10th and I Streets, entrance on 10th Street between J and I Streets.
- Park Tower Garage: J Street entrance, between 8th and 9th Streets (directly adjacent to the Tsakopoulos Library Galleria).
- Renaissance Tower: 8th Street entrance, between J and K Streets.
- The Standard: J Street entrance between 7th and 8th Streets and 8th Street entrance between J Street and K Street Mall.
- Metered street parking is also available.