- This event has passed.
Strengthening Coasts for a Resilient Future
Description: Free workshop UC Irvine is hosting titled Strengthening Coasts for a Resilient Future on July 18 and 19.
Please use this form to register for the Strengthening Coasts for a Resilient Future workshop.
July 18, 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm at the Environmental Nature Center, Newport Beach
Keynote Presentation: an evening with Gary Griggs, Distinguished Professor of Earth Sciences, UC Santa Cruz
July 19, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm in Engineering Lecture Hall, Room 100
Keynote: Charles Lester, UC Santa Cruz
• Case Studies: Planning for Resilient Coasts
• Tools for Coastal Resilience
• Case Studies: Implementation in Action
• Green Infrastructure Solutions
Participants will leave the workshop with a greater understanding of the landscape of coastal resilience activities across communities. Specifically, participants will gain insight on:
• Lessons learned for planning and implementation at the local and regional levels
• Tools and resources for informing planning decisions
• Green infrastructure solutions to reduce impacts of coastal hazards
See entire program at http://newkirkcenter.uci.edu/files/2018/06/Coastal-Resilience-Agenda.pdf
• Blue Earth Consultants, a Division of ERG
• Empowering Sustainability
• UCI Oceans
• UCI Newkirk Center for Science and Society
• UCI Social Ecology